Strategic and Corporate Support
The primary aim is to support local public bodies in transforming and standardising contract management processes and developing capacity and capability in order to realise value and drive out efficiencies from operational contracts. Newcomen will also look to assist local public bodies who are seeking to share services and/or develop joint solutions which will benefit the wider sector.
Project Specific Service
The primary aim is to provide specialist contract management support to individual programmes and projects from development, through transition and in operation.
The primary aim is to provide with partner bodies a single point of contact for operational support with a dedicated knowledge base that supports the wider sector. The knowledge base will also assist shape Newcomens’ Strategic and Corporate and Project Specific support .
Through the operations business Newcomen aims to enable public bodies to:
· realise greater value and deliver efficiencies from their operational contracts and the way they are supported across the organisation to give greater certainty of out-turn costs
· retain and share lessons learned between contracting authorities
· develop the skills of existing internal contract management staff
· keep up to date with best practice and guidance through transition and into delivery
· work together to assist each other drive out efficiencies through standardisation and co-operative support
· resolve specific issues with projects or contracts